Montag, 6. Mai 2013

Roadtrip: Gütersloh Botanical Gardens


Last week I had the opportunity to visit Gütersloh Botanical Gardens, just a half hour's drive away and stunningly beautiful. I wasn't aware of the fact that Olafur Eliasson designed a "scent tunnel" for this particular garden!

Olafur Eliasson's "scent tunnel"
I love that this quite small garden is so much more formal than the botanical gardens I have visited before, divided into lots of garden rooms with different themes - especially the lavender garden, although not yet in bloom, was amazing - I will definitely come back again! [There is also a very nice café in one of the greenhouses, well worth a visit!]

Lavender Garden




cherry tree avenue




2 Kommentare:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the area around the fountain.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi Meg, thank you so much for stopping by - yes, this garden offers amazing vistas for a garden this small and uses quite simple ideas to stunning effects, e.g. the fountain area! Love, Qaroline

      Löschen