Dienstag, 18. April 2017

Roadtrip: Azalea Season


Furzey Gardens, New Forest

I had promised myself another trip to Furzey Gardens in the New Forest ever since the unexpected autumn colour spectacle that I found there in November and even though I could feel the beginnings of a cold catching hold I took the chance of Easter Monday bank holiday to pay a second visit.

I arrived quite early and had the gardens to myself for a while, apart from a ginger cat called Lily who accompanied me for the first twenty minutes. This time I had expected a great display but was again overwhelmed by the boldness of colour combinations, especially in the azeleas that are now coming into their own, the fresh foliage of the acers and the scented summer azeleas. If I had to draw up a High Fidelity style top five favourite gardens, Furzey Gardens would currently hold number one.

Much love,
Qaroline

Summer azaleas have a very distinctive fragrance



Lily the cat

Camellia, almost open






Some great structures.







This acer and the azalea in the background just work so well together.



Not quite sure what this climber is ... but the buds remind me of teeth on a necklace


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen